Saturday, July 19, 2014

Return Community Control of East Akron Community House

Local organizing is really hard here in Akron, Ohio.  There aren't
many social justice organizations and the ones that exist are under-resourced and politically marginalized.  I have chosen to throw in my lot with the East Akron Community House.  Here is a link to an Op-Ed I was privileged to have published today in the Akron Beacon Journal: Building Capacity and Honoring Our History at EACH.

Because of the political situation in Akron I am asking all my out-of-town friends and colleagues to sign the MoveOn.org petition in support of EACH and community control of the building and programming.  The editorial describes the situation.  Please consider signing EACH Petition.  #ReachforEACH.  Thanks.

1 comment:

I welcome comments on any topic covered in Urban Ecology. I may not respond immediately but I do read them all.